Over 8,000,000 people in England smoke. Smoking continues to be the major preventable cause of premature death and major disease, responsible for 80,000 deaths and costing the NHS an estimated £2.7 billion each year (taken from Public Health England Marketing Strategy 2014 to 2017)
Benefits of quitting
- Your body will begin to repair itself as soon as you stop smoking – and you’ll go on feeling the health benefits for the rest of your life.
- You will reduce your risk of developing illness, disability or death caused by cancer, heart or lung disease.
- You will reduce your risk of gangrene or amputation caused by circulatory problems.
- You will protect the health of those around you by not exposing them to secondhand smoke
- You will reduce the chances of your children suffering from bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma attacks, meningitis and ear infections.
- You will improve your fertility levels and your chance of a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- You will improve your breathing and general fitness.
- You will enjoy the taste of food more.
Click here to see how quickly you’ll notice the benefits of quitting