What is the Friends & Family Test (FFT)

The FFT asks the people in our service whether they would recommend the NHS service they have received to friends and family who need similar treatment or care. 

Feedback helps us to understand where we can make improvements to our service, identify what matters most to people and to see where there is good practice. The FFT provides a valuable insight into the experiences of those people using the services we offer.

Quit Squad would appreciate your feedback as we use this to help shape improvements in the service we offer. Just click here.

Thank you.



We are sorry that your experience of our service has not met your expectations.  Quit Squad want to hear about this so that we can try to put things right, offer any support that you need and improve our services.

If you want to consider having your complaint resolved locally we do have a PALS team who can take you through the process. 

If you do wish to make a formal complaint this is what you can expect to happen:

On receipt of your complaint, we will acknowledge this to you within three working days with the name of your allocated Complaints Officer.

The Complaints Officer can discuss your complaint with you and advise you on the likely timescales for a response; this can differ depending on the complexity and severity of the complaint.  Throughout the investigation process you will be kept updated by your Complaints Officer or one of the team should they be unavailable.

Finally you will receive a written outcome of your complaint and information of what we have learned from your experience and what we have changed as a result.

You can contact the Complaints Team directly using the following details.  

Telephone:  01772 695315

Complaints Team
Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust
Sceptre Point
Sceptre Way
Walton Summit
Bamber Bridge

If you remain dissatisfied

If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is independent of Government and the NHS. Her service is confidential and free. There are time limits for taking a complaint to the Ombudsman, although they can waive them if they think there is a good reason to do so.

Further information about the Ombudsman is available at www.ombudsman.org.uk

If you have any questions about whether the Ombudsman will be able to help you, or about how to make a complaint, you can contact their helpline on 0345 015 4033, email phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk or fax 0300 061 4000.

You can write to the Ombudsman at:
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

If you need any help or advice to make your complaint to the Ombudsman you can contact your local Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS). ICAS provides independent advocacy for people who have a complaint about the NHS. If you require any independent support in progressing your complaint through the Health Service Ombudsman, you can contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) on 0845 1203 735.

Who else can help me?

If you need any independent help of advice on making a complaint, the Advocacy Services can help you and be contacted as follows:

Advocacy Access
Tel: 0345 456 3210
Text Phone: 07886 744 634
Fax: 0300 323 0966
Email: contact@advocacyaccess.org.uk

The Department of Health's website also has information on the NHS complaints procedure: www.dh.gov.uk

Our Instagram Feed